Monday, February 21, 2011

SwitchList: Now with SP-style switchlists!

It's always interesting during an operating session to see who picks up one of the prepared switchlists and asks me how my penmanship got so good. I always have to confess that my switchlist generation program did all that fine lettering, including the random position jitters to make it look more human.

That program, SwitchList, now generates paper switchlists that resemble the Southern Pacific's own switchlists for that oh-so-prototypical look and feel. It'll even do a rushed scribble down a column of cars going to the same location. Download SwitchList and check it out yourself. If you've got questions or want to suggest some ideas for improvement, let me know at the SwitchList mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment