Tuesday, August 28, 2012

West San Jose tower, now with correct trim

Progress on the layout might be slow, but I do occasionally do some modeling. Here's the WP tower from West San Jose, painted and with stairway complete.

Observant readers will notice that the trim was brown in my first photos of the tower. I'd painted it based on some incorrect internet advice, but after some second thoughts, had Jim Dias confirm that an off-white was correct for the trim. Lots of details are still needed - glazing, signs, touch-up painting, and weathering - but I'm pleased with how the model is coming out.

2 comments:

  1. I like the tar spots on the roof. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came that way - it was a pre-printed tar paper from one of the spinning racks at the Train Shop. But glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete